Thank you for entrusting your child's education to those of us in the Bedford County School District! We take the task seriously and we welcome your involvement along the way. At BCLA we believe that parent involvement plays a vital role in a child's ability and eagerness to learn. Thank you for being an essential part of our team!
Frequently needed information:
Reopening of BCS Virtual Learning Program (VLP)
The Bedford County School District is committed to the success of every student for whom it serves. In order to meet the needs of its students and their families, BCS has reopened the VLP application process for each school in the district.
Please contact Principal, Mrs. Julie Elliott, to discuss VLP options for any student currently enrolled at Bedford County Learning Academy.
About BCS VLP ---
- This program is an optional instructional learning avenue.
- Instruction is received remotely - Please keep in mind the following -
- Each student will need internet access Monday - Friday.
- Each student in a household will require computer or laptop access each school day.
- Each student MUST be enrolled in his or her Bedford County School.
- Students enrolled in the VLP MUST be highly motivated and have good time management skills.
- Attendance will be taken multiple times per day to fulfill local and state requirements.
- Students must remain enrolled in the VLP through the 9 weeks grading period before they can return to school in the building.
- Students in grades 1 - 12 are expected to be logged in to the learning platforms daily, Monday through Friday and are required to work 6.5 hours.
- The VLP Registration Form can be found here -
We would love for you to join our team!
Are you interested in becoming a substitute teacher in Bedford County Schools?
Please click on the willSub icon below.